- Hitch swing adapter converts most 2″ hitch products to a swing-away rack
- Provides easy tailgate access – even with a rack fully loaded with bikes
- Easily swings open 90 degrees and locks in place with simple to use release lever
- Safety latch secures the rack closed while you’re on the road
- Secures to any 2″ hitch receiver using a threaded pin
- Included SKS (Same Key System) lock keeps the rack secure
- 250 lb maximum load capacity (rack plus gear)
Yakima roof rack systems allow you to transport cargo on top of your vehicle that would otherwise take up a lot of room in the cabin. With your gear stowed on top, there’s room for friends or more gear inside your vehicle. Yakima towers are custom designed for each vehicle roof type, but all are used with Yakima round crossbars. These crossbars are about 15% stronger than comparable rectangular bars, for a more rigid and durable roof rack system, and unlike rectangular bars with flat surfaces that may not be parallel, round bars automatically accommodate loads on curved roofs. Round bars also have the advantage of allowing accessories to easily rotate flat when not in use, to reduce drag and wind noise.
Manufactured from heavy-duty galvanized steel for high strength, and coated with high-density polyethylene for an attractive look and protection against weathering, Yakima round bars are available in a selection of lengths, and can also be cut to size with a hack saw. Your vehicle’s load bearing ability is ultimately determined by limitations for roof loading and rack capacity, but in general a longer length bar may allow you to carry additional accessories like another bike or more cargo.
Crossbar end caps are not supplied with the crossbars but come with the rack support towers. Yakima crossbars are covered by a limited lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.